Saturday, December 15, 2007

Best Purchases/Investments of the Year!

Best Deal-I bought a brand new Kenmore dryer for $99! I even got the vent and plug for half price. In total I paid $170 for the dryer, parts, delivery and setup. I am still waiting for some kind of certificate or award for this great purchase.





Favorite- I love these non-woven polypropylene reusable shopping bags! At first I was a little embarrassed to take my own bags to the store. I wasn't trying to make an environmental statement but I was sick of all the plastic (The worldwide consumption of plastic bags is over 1 million per minute!!!) and my store likes to double-bag and doesn't recycle them. But these bags are great! They are way stronger, they hold tons of groceries so they are easy to carry, and they eliminate the age old question of "paper or plastic?". I highly recommend investing in reusable bags.




So, What were your best purchases this year???

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'd have to say Riley was my best purchase/investment. She'll be a great tax dedution in April, and someday she'll be able to do dishes. I'm also very happy with my reusable grocery bags. And I'm pretty proud of some super savings I scored on baby food. Between sales and coupons, I was usually able to save 50 to 70%. Too bad I wasn't able to do so well on formula.

Give Mease a chance said...

Nice. Riley is a good investment, not often are our investments so cute! And the dishes! I hadn't even thought of that angle. Good job on the baby food your super saver certificate is in the mail;)

Nakki said...

I'm so glad reusable bags are so trendy now. Now people don't annoying look at me wondering why I'm bringing my own bag. Now I just have to get over not liking to bring one stores logoed bag into anothers...DOWN WITH PLASTIC! :)